Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stops and Starts

Where has the time gone? Months since the last post. Anyone would think that with the demise of Red Group and the rise of the e-book, that the traditional publishing world had ground to a halt. Alas, the opposite is the case. A veritable chess board of movers and shakers. Mary starts Plum. Deb starts at Murdoch. Vivien starts her engines around Oz. Miri starts back home. Bob stops being full time. Juliette stops but starts I can't remember where. Lots of new business plans start up and production mega-budgets pause to catch breath. In all of this stopping and starting, I haven't managed to post a thing. Some blog! I'm just trying to work I guess. I marvel at bloggers who are at it at all hours. I guess the trick is to be quick and spontaneous. Light and easy. Not to take a post too seriously. Is that it?

Well, I'm kicking myself that I didn't find the funds and the time to get to AGideas last week. Bad timing with the BAS deadline for me this year, despite declaring for years that I could never afford NOT to go. I have always come away from it bursting with inspiration, excited and with a renewed purposeful direction, if not a few judiciously-pilfered ideas. Any reviews, highlights, lowlights are greatly appreciated here please.

Well I'll stop there. Light and easy, remember?

Oh, and for you Victorians, it's Booktown at Clunes this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment